This is an opportunity to work for a fast-growing technology start-up disrupting the $40 billion Australian trucking industry. Our client offers Australia’s largest companies the best option for moving their freight through their network of hundreds of technology-connected trucking companies.
A simple concept- however considering that 30% of all freight trucks that are on the road are empty, one with vast potential- as it allows the businesses shipping the goods to be more cost effective, and the carriers to commercialise their empty vehicles on the routes they were already travelling.
They currently employ around 20 people and are looking to grow by at least another 15 this year (exciting times!)
The Business Development Manager
- Take responsibility for new customer acquisition and build up Ofload’s customer portfolio
- Implementing an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process
- Present a balanced approach to cold calling, relationship development, sales process, and conducting meetings
- Conduct constant analysis (reports, sales KPIs) of the sales process in order to improve the efficiency
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover business challenges
- Take full ownership over every step of the sales cycle
- Coordinate with the operations department to ensure that the clients receive an exceptional service
- You'll have support, with 30% of the meetings you attend booked by an internal sales resource.
- You'll report directly into a passionate and driven founder (who has himself closed twice your annual budget in sales in 4 months!)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ previous experience in B2B Sales, within the startup scene or in the logistics sector
- Startup, tech, or freight brokerage experience a plus
- Real hunter mentality with a knowledge of convincingly addressing an audience
- Self-starter with a hands-on working methodology
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- Strong data driven mindset
- A positive, tenacious, and proactive attitude
- A confident yet humble attitude
- The salary for this role is up to $120,000 + super. There is a $15,000 car allowance. Genuine OTE over $200k
- 30 seconds from central station, rooftop terrace with city views and close to plenty of cafes and bars
- Great company culture!