But why shouldn’t this one?
There are 2.3 million investment properties in Australia. Many owners and tenants have a poor experience with the way their properties are managed. This results in unnecessary vacancies and reduced ROI.
As a property investor, wouldn’t it be good to have a Different option?
As part of their mission to take care of homes and the people in them, :Different is starting by redesigning the way investment properties are managed- with transparency, technology and flat fees.
And they have some backers! They have recently raised a $25m round of funding, headlined by CBx15 and Antler. The team is already around 110 people, and they are now ready to grow- which is where the Sales Director comes in.
This role is responsible for looking after 2 specific revenue streams, and the teams within them.
The first stream is investors directly- people who are looking to manage their properties. This team is currently four people, and will likely double to 8 in 2022.
The second stream is selling the platform to real estate agents directly, empowering them to deliver a better experience to investors by using the white labelled :Different platform. This team is at 0 people currently, and may grow as large as 10 people in 2022.
So- if you know, you should know what you need to do, and what some of the challenges are in this role.
Speaking to people that work at :Different, consistent themes come up as to why they are part of the journey
- They work in an industry that is ripe for disruption and where incumbents have been doing the same thing, for a long time, and are not incentivized to change
- They feel confident about the direction of the company, especially given the growth so far, the recent capital raise and strategic investors
- They can see that the business is about to take off, and there is an opportunity to solve some big problems and have a tangible impact as the company rapidly scales
- Lastly- property and tech- do Australians love anything more in 2021!?
So here’s the dream candidate criteria
- Experience in the residential property industry
- Experience within a scaling tech start up
- Experience growing sales teams in an environment where things change
- Tenacity and ambition to help this business grow, and fast!
But we know not all dreams come true- so if you don’t have the specific criteria, but think your experience equips you well for this role, please apply.
You could just be the something :Different we are looking for.